Tuesday, June 2, 2026

The letter to my local MP asking why there is no affordable housing



I am so fed up of no housing I wrote this email to our local MP:

**********************************************

I am a 63 year old lady living in Ontario Housing here in Fergus. I have had my life threatened,.... been bullied mercilessly,... and don't feel at all safe living here. I have asked for help numerous times over the past 5 years, but no help ever comes. I have asked for an emergency transfer but got a "no" (I have to be domestically violated before they will help - I guess having your life threatened didn't qualify) And on top of all of that - I have no family doctor and I am dying of heart disease with no health care.


I have been searching for 2 years for affordable housing, I am on ODSP, CPP, and NDB totally $1580 a month to live on. I have been searching all over CANADA for affordable housing but there isnt' any.


I was hit by a car Feb 2024 and got a small settlement of $***,***. You would think I had won the lottery and my problems were finally over. So imagine my anger and resentment when all it did was effect my ODSP and I nearly lost that. After two years of searching all across Canada I still can't find an affordable place to live. WHY?


I have $***,*** and $1580 a month budget yet I am laughed at whenever I apply for housing. As soon as they hear I am on ODSP? They won't even let me see the rental. They don't rent to us because we don't make enough to survive and they know it. So I tried buying a trailer or RV or tiny home. But the bylaws and zoning laws make it impossible. RV's and tiny homes should be the obvious solution to homelessness but it isn't. A tiny home you would have to live off-grid and at 63 and disabled that is not an option. An RV would cost about $600 to $1200 a month pad rental with park fees on top of that. NOT AFFORDABLE to the poor.


THERE IS NO AFFORDABLE HOUSING IN ALL OF CANADA


So I am flying to BC on June 30th to ask for MAiDs. I have applied here in Ontario twice in the past 6 years but was told no. (NO? I mean how much pain do you need to be in to get a yes????) So I am now trying to apply in Vancouver to get MaiDs there. I fly there June 30th to start the proceedings,..... I don't want to die - I just feel trapped and have no choices and I refuse to be homeless because this province screwed up. Why should I pay the price for a bad government that can't even see the disabled???


SHAME ON CANADA!!!!!!!


I am going to be 63 in September but I probably won't even see that birthday.


This province has left me with two choices. Be threatened and bullied and harassed in my own home until I'm suicidal living here in Ontario Housing OR commit suicide through MAiDs. The answer to this is obvious. A transfer to a new building but that is not available to me. Why? You will have to ask Ontario Housing why I am not worth helping. I have asked so many times I just gave up asking. I am invisible to them


I have no idea why Ontario Housing does not take me seriously. I really got ZERO help from them and instead I was made to feel like a nuisance. So I gave up. Where is the dignity in this????


I refuse to live here and be traumatized daily and I refuse to be homeless and live under a bridge.
How sad that death is the only option to me now.


WHERE IS AFFORDABLE HOUSING?


It's absolutely disgusting that I have $***,*** to my name ~ but STILL can't find housing,....


What happened to this country? To this province and to this community that seems to only offer me one solution.
HOMEWOOD. Every time I ask for housing - I get threatened with a psychiatric hospital. If they can't help with housing then they assuage their guilt by saying I'm mental and need to be put in a psychiatric hospital. That's insane!!!!!! This community can't give me housing so they call me mental and throw me into Homewood where I can't talk anymore. The problem is gone for awhile,.... but the problem is still here!!!!! NO HOUSING


How dare this country treat a 63 year old disabled person like this,.....


This country is in ruins. When people choose death because there is no place for them on this planet????? Something is terribly wrong.


STOP BLAMING US FOR BEING ANGRY ABOUT OUR SITUATION. We dare to complain and we get thrown in Homewood, or worse yet evicted because we couldn't behave (we got angry about being ignored and paid the price for it ~ you don't talk back to Ontario housing or you pay!!!!)


I would rather be dead ~ and I hope to be by September of this year.


The police already know,.... Here 24/7 already knows,... but still,.... no help. Just threats of Homewood. I(f you can't help? Then blame them and call them crazy for being angry that they have been ignored and thrown away to rot. Yeah,... punish them for having feelings about that,....) call them crazy


FIVE years I have been asking this community for helpbut gone NONE! Now I choose MaiDs. As now I realize the reason no one is helping is because there isn't help out there,..... There is no affordable housing.


And I have to pay for that. No thanks I'd rather be dead.


*******************************************

Post script:  As of June 11th ~ I have received NOTHING BACK about this letter from the MP's office. 
IGNORED AGAIN ~ we are just wothless pieces of shit to this community

No comments: