It's been a long day and it's only mid-afternoon. But some good things happened so I am actually happy right now. First off - I received a confirmation email for my flights. That means the tickets are active. That is a load off of my mind.
I had an appointment at my bank this morning. I wanted to speak with someone about buying a home. He had some good advice. And now I have a lot to think about. He suggested waiting 2 years to move out of here until I am 65. Apparently when I turn 65 a lot of my benefits will change and for the positive. But my homework this week will be to call the government and find out exactly how they will change. I think I lose my ODSP and I gain OAS. This can only be good news as now I won't have any of the extremely strict restrictions that ODSP enforce. If I wait until I am off of ODSP I won't be penalized for buying a home and lose my ODSP altogether. I can now live with someone if I want to share the cost. ODSP does not allow us to live with another adult or it effects our amount and sometimes has us lose it altogether. Losing ODSP is a positive thing as it gives me so many more choices.
But can I wait two years??? Can I live in this building for another 2 years???? Ahhhhhhhh!!! I don't want to. I want out of here ASAP. But it sounds like my monthly budget could nearly double at 65 giving me a much more comfortable life. I won't be so strapped each month.
what to do?
what to do?
what to do?
And even the gazebo was good today. I was out there with Mike wehn Kelly came out. I though uh-oh,... here we go,... but to her credit she was great. Nothing was said about two days ago and we both acted nice. Maybe just a bad day for her? who knows,... but today everything is cool.
Adrian is getting worse. He had a bit of a rant that left Mike and I looking at each other with raised eyebrows. I like Adrian but at times he makes me feel a bit nervous. He can get a bit weird leaving me with a bit of a 'creep' factor. He does not mean any ill intent. He is just odd and sometimes leaves me a bit unsettled ~ to the point I just feel more comfortable when there is someone else in the gazebo with me when he is out there too. I don't think he is dangerous??? But,... at this place. You can never be too careful. better to be safe than sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment