Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Euthanasia for long-term chronic depression

Controversial topic,...
I have been depressed for most of my adult life. From puberty onward, some thirty years now, I have struggled with the misery of severe and chronic depression. It's been bad. Bad enough that I have lost everything because of it. My family, my marriage, my children, my friends, my home,.... Theres nothing left now. I also don't have a future. I can't work to support myself but can't get enough benefits to survive. I have nothing for retirement. I am poor. I use the food bank, I am in a lot of debt. I can't pay my bills. Nobody wants to help me in my family. In fact, no one in my family likes me and we have very little contact. So WHY am I being forced to stay alive??
If I was an animal I would have been put down years ago.
I think, that severe depression is a cruel thing to live with. And to have it for over 30 years is even crueler. So PLEASE, society, I BEG YOU,... please let me go,.... Let me finally have an end to this torture. I want a humane Doctor to read this. I want this Doctor to contact me and tell me that he agrees with me and that he is willing to help. That he will assist me in a humane end to my life. 
But this will never happen. For some reason society feels its wrong to end this kind of suffering. But they don't have to live it. I don't understand my family. They feel suicide is wrong, but refuse to be a part of my life. So why do they care if I live or die?
This attitude and thinking has got to change.
Long-term severe depression is HELL & I should be given the option to end it.
So many people will have strong feelings on this. Unfortunately of the "No Euthanasia" variety. But I feel differently. I am the one suffering. I want out. I want it to end. End of story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time passes with you actually, I do believe! Would likely that develop into likely to acquire your website converted
straight to French? The english language is usually our minute expressions.
My webpage ... Removing Genital Warts

Wicked Wench said...

This post could have easily been written by me. Chronic mental illness is much worse than physical ones, I think. I have no desire to continue a life of "treatment" that just prolongs my suffering.