Sunday, September 12, 2010

Borderline Personality Disorder - hmmmm,....

Having a very slow day. Just like I figured would happen, I didn't get into bed until 7 this morning. So of course I slept all day and didn't wake up until 5 tonight. I really do have to work harder at changing this pattern. I will have to as this week I have minor surgery. Which means I'll have to join the 'real' world and follow their rules. up in the morning - sleep at night!!! If only they knew how hard that is for me.  Arghhhh,....
I just started this blog and therefore I have just started looking for other blogs to follow. luckily I have found quite a few. And one thing that jumped out at me was there are a lot of people out there writing about "Borderline personality Disorder" which I was diagnosed with many years ago. But because my other diagnoses seemed to be the dominant problems I actually never really researched BPD at all. In fact, The only time I thought about it was when i got a new doctor and had to tell them i had it. Incidentally, both of my daughters (16 & 20) have since been diagnosed with Bipolar and BPD as well. If that's not an argument for mental illness is genetic I don't know what is. My mother also suffers from numerous mental illnesses as well. Our family has very dramatic get-to-gethers. :-)
Anyway, getting back to all of you who have been blogging about BPD, you have forced me to stop and think about me having this disorder. It's really a strong illness in itself and I now wonder if my doctors are putting too much emphasis on my depression and bipolar and totally ignoring my BPD which in turn means I'm getting the absolute wrong treatment and medication to help it. This is something I will be putting some thought into.

No comments: